Hip-Hop Chess Federation to post EXCLUSIVE interviews with todays top rappers !!


In 2008 the HHCF is knockin' everybody out. No mercy in '08.

In 2008 the Hip-Hop Chess Federation will begin to post exclusive interivews with todays top rappers. They will highlight the reality of the rap industry, as well as the tools these rappers use to stay motivated.

Thats right, the HHCF will give you new and never before seen vintage interivews with some of todays top rappers! We will also post original, never before seen intrerviews with rap kings from the late 80's and early 90's.

Our goal here is to showcase the wisdom and thought power of America's finest MC's, DJ's, B-boys and Graf writers. The idea here is to humanize Hip-Hop in the minds of the mainstream. Rap music is easily the biggest and most misunderstood music form in the history of the world.

Some of you know that I blog at SF Gate. Over the last few months however, I got lazy. Some of my fans were shocked and angered to see that I was stopping all Hip-Hop coverage on the SF Gate blog (I'll only cover martial arts and chess there). Recently, on my SF Gate blog I wrote the following:

I stopped blogging because I stopped caring. I'm sorry about that. But, I got so bored with talking about rap music and its political (or lack of political) fluctuations. Hip-Hop has never been more fake, less political, less effective or less helpful to the poor people of America.

I plan to write much less about Hip-Hop in the coming year. In fact, 2008 may be the last year I write about rap music and Hip-Hop culture at all. I'm currently working on Lyrical Swords Vol. 3. Once that book is complete- I will be done with Hip-Hop for the most part. It was always a part of my life and I will carry much of what it has given me.

From now on, I will write about martial arts and martial arts philosophies on this blog. I will post little by little as we approch 08, but once Jan. hits you'll get a lot more martial arts and martial arts philosophies. Have a blessed holiday season and a better 2008!!


I do not feel much different today. However, as a founder of the HHCF I cannnot abandon my rap roots. At the same time, I cannot afford to talk about Hip-Hop for the sake of itself. Everything I post here will be interviews that highlight the cultural beauty and pain of Hip-Hop.

I believe that virtually all Hip-Hop media has become a joke. It has become a traitor to its original mission. Its original mission was to be a voice for the voiceless youth of America. It was meant to entertain and inform. Today, many can argue that it hardly does either effectively.

You may see ideas by some on here that you will not agree with. Some might shock you. But chess players know denying the truth has fatal consequences. Fire hidden under the ash is still dangerous. Under the ash of mainstream rap media many hot ideas still remain. Ideas smothered out by groupies posing as journalists. The HHCF will bring it to you raw.

Be ready.

-HHCF

Popular Posts