Deep concentration, 'cause I'm no comedian

Whether playin ball or bobbin in the hall/I'm just writin my name in graffiti on the wall - Rakim "My Melody"

I was once asked how could I love Hip-Hop if graffiti was a crime. I told the person that I agreed that vandalism was a crime. I don't mean someone putting a "throw up" ( a quick two color piece) on someones garage door. I'm talking about a kid who spent all night putting their heart on a wall so the city could see it. A kid ignored by the American education system.

You see, when a failing school system cuts art programs- they are cutting into the soul of the youth. Egyptians, Aztecs, Greeks, Romans....Neanderthals wrote their story on the walls...Its part of who we are to express our souls through art. You can cut a "budget" all day, but what the souls of the youth yearn to express will ALWAYS find A way...

I believe its MORE CRIMINAL to to arrest the youth when you know the educational system has cut them off from their natrual artistic expression. I don't advocate vandalism. But you can never deny that the beautiful, artistic sould of the youth cannot be contained. WHAT YOU SEE BELOW IS NOT VANDALISM. It is graffiti art....It is ART.

I caught this today in San Francisco in an alley behind La Taqueria at 25th and Mission.


Aztec love in the heart of the Mission District of San Francisco


I love characters like these. Ya gotta have fun with it!!!


As it was written, so it shall be done. Lets make the peace real.


Never tell me that graf writers don't know how to honor the elders! Normail Mailer gets love...May he rest in peace...through this piece....

If you don't know Norman Mailer, please click below...



When I daydream about graffiti, I hear Mantronix in my head.....

Popular Posts