The Best Strategy for Peace is Forgiveness



Please take a moment to check out a post made by Adisa Banjoko on Bishop Desmond Tutu's blog. Its about chess, nonviolence and forgiveness:

If Hip-Hop, chess and martial arts have taught me anything, they have taught me that everything has a process. If you ignore the most efficient ways to do any particular thing it is not only going to be less efficient, it is going to put a dent in your personal joy. The Book of Forgiving seems to be one of the best formal methods of understanding and actualizing forgiveness (of others and the self) that I have found.
When I created the HHCF, I did it to help young people, mostly teens, navigate through the minefield of life at any stage. I quickly learned through consistent re-engagement of young people that most of them are in deep pain. The root of their pain has many sources. Sometimes, it’s simply poverty. Other times it might be physical or mental abuse. Still others might be from the early death of a parent or sibling. Often times, in my line of work though, it’s violence. READ FULL ARTICLE HERE

Popular Posts