NEW VIDEO: D'Juan Owens Teams with Elevate MMA to Celebrate Jiu-Jitsu and Dance

HHCF Teamed with Elevate MMA in Durham, NC!!!! They joined forces through the wisdom of jiu-jitsu champion, HHCF chess teacher and bboy D'Juan Owens. There will be an open mat Sunday Feb 21st at the new gym hosted by Head Instructor at Elevate MMA, Cody Maltais. D'Juan and Vince Bayyan of HHCF will be in the house. Go check it out and enjoy this great video by Gene Kim featuring jiu-jitsu, dance and the philosophies that fuse them. For those that don't understand what a real movement this has become, D'Juan penned a powerful poem about his travels through chess and martial arts around the world. Enjoy....

AN ODE TO CHESS"
I've played chess outside with homeless men in NY....I've 
played chess with a multi millionaire in his compound in 
South America...I've played chess in about 24 states and 9 
countries...and once with a def man in the Russian winter, in 
Russian November in a hotel hallway...I've played chess with
 REAL scholars, REAL gangsters, humanitarians, activist, 
and bigots alike. I've played chess with jiu jitsu, judo, AND 
luta livre black belts. I've played chess in classrooms as well 
as a waiting room of a jail...I've had the pride of the enlisted 
on my back in the finals of a tournament on an aircraft-
carrier against a lieutenant colonel while sailing past the horn
 of Africa. CHESS is the great equalizer... 
- D'Juan "Dirty South" Owens 


Popular Posts