Chuck D from Public Enemy and Adisa Banjoko Hit The 64 Squares!



In the late 80's there was a huge African-American play called The Meeting. It was about a mythical secret meeting between Malcolm X and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. At one point in the play, they play two games of chess. This sit down, was like that meeting. For the record, I met Chuck D the summer- 89 was the number. Sound of the funky drummer was all over the streets. The other night, I took my son to his first rap show. It had to be Public Enemy. My son met Chuck D after the show. Chuck shouted me out from the stage telling the crowd he knew when he came to The Bay Area, he was with family. It was touching. The day after, we talked business and sat at the boards for a bit before he was off to LA. Much respect to Chuck. I want to thank him for opening my eyes and my spirit to the positive impact Hip-Hop could have on the planet.

Popular Posts