HHCF O'Connell High Champ Leo Lopez BEATS Adisa Banjoko

So today Leo Lopez and I kicked it in SF. Leo is the HHCF Scholarship champ. He goes to O'Connell High in San Francisco. After out and tearing into some burritos at San Jose Taqueria in the Mission, we locked horns on the 64. I got served yo!!!

Leo is real solid. He came right down the middle, I did not respect ownership of the center...He made me pay for it in a major way.

Photobucket
Adisa Banjoko is not too scared to admit defeat on the 64 squares!!Leo destroys The Bishop.

This loss hurt e bad. So, I had to get my revenge. And I got it!! Oh yeah- I got e some get back!!

Photobucket
Adisa Banjoko came BACK in gae two, to gain victory over Leo Lopez. Leo knows how to take a loss and still floss like a G!!

After that, we went to Haight St. looking for a dope record spot. On the way, we saw a some dope custom chess and checker sets. It was in a smoke shop.

THE HHCF DOES NOT CONDONE OR ENCOURAGE SMOKING ANYTHING! IN FACT, WE SAY NO TO ALL DRUGS AND ALCOHOL CONSUPTION!

We saw the chess sets and went in. They had all kinds of wicked sets. Off the top I remember the Simpsons, Lord of the Rings, Giants VS. Dogers, Muppet Show, Star Treck, Harley Davidson Dominoes- all kinds of stuff.

Photobucket
Leo Lopez coolin' on Haight St. with a sick baseball chess set!! (yes I do the bongs behind him!) THE HHCF SAYS JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS!!

Photobucket
Adisa Banjoko represents with the Muppet Show chessboard!!

It was sooooo dope. I just wish I had the money to buy them all. After that, we went to Amoeba Music and looked for records. He told me as we were leaving what a fan he was of super produer Traxaillion. Luckily, Trax has been a long time supporter of the HHCF and I got him on the phone to talk with Leo. Trax is a good dude when it comes to pushing positivity in the community to the youth. He gave Leo words of encouragement and I hope to get them face to face to meet soon.

After the holiday Leo and I will clash again (hopefully on chesspark) to settle our third game.

The HHCF has a lot of upcoming announcements as we approach the Honor the Queens Invitational. Stay tuned for more!!

-HHCF

Popular Posts